most of the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, Austria's
artillery was organised into artillery regiments.
Initially there were three field regiments, but a fourth
was added in 1802.
campaign, however, the artillery was divided up so that
battalion guns could be assigned to infantry regiments.
Archduke Charles' army
reforms, which had largely taken place before the 1809 hostilities
with France, lighter-calibre cannons (usually 3-pounders)
remained with the infantry while bigger guns (6-12 pounders)
were as support weapons.
cannons were bronze with the carriages, wheels and limbers
painted yellow and metal pieces black.