1805, Prussia spread its artillery pieces - usually 6-pounders
- among its infantry with each battalion having its own large
to the system meant that by the 1806
Campaign against Napoleon Bonaparte,
the battalion guns had been boosted by four foot-artillery regiments
and a horse artillery regiment.
reserve foot units had heavier weapons, two 10-pounders and six
12-pounders, while the horse artillery used six 6-pounders and
two 7-pounder howitzers.
1813, Prussia made a huge effort to improve its field firepower
and went from just over 200 cannons to 400 cannons in six months.
cannon carriages, wheels and limbers were light blue while the
metal pieces were painted black.